National Association of Specialty Pharmacy Fifth Annual Meeting & Educational Conference
Call for Abstracts!
The National Association of Specialty Pharmacy
Education Committee invites you to submit your abstracts for the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy Fifth Annual Meeting & Educational Conference
to be held September 18-20, 2017 at the Marriott Wardman Park, Washington, DC.
Deadline for submission is July 21, 2017, at 11:59 PM US EDT.
All abstracts must be submitted online, using template below.
Your abstract should be a short description of your research/work in specialty pharmacy, containing all the elements necessary to define your goals and results to the reader. Authors will be required to disclose all financial relationships through the online system, helping to ensure quality and unbiased presentations. Continuing education credits are not available for the posters.
Share your research or best practices with your peers. Categories of submission include:
- Delivery of Specialty Pharmacy Products or Services
- Outcomes (Cost or other)
- Student Research
Note: Abstract submissions must reflect completed research. Submissions of previously presented research are permitted.
The Education Committee will evaluate the abstracts based on the following criteria: novelty of the research, significance of the findings, relevance to specialty pharmacy, and clarity. Incomplete abstracts will not be accepted.
Notification of acceptance, or regret, will be delivered via e-mail to the presenter(s) of each poster abstract, by August 4, 2017. Please note that an author is required to be present during the poster session on Tuesday evening, September 19, 2017.
If accepted for presentation, abstracts and posters will be available for viewing during the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy Fifth Annual Meeting & Educational Conference. The posters will be displayed for the length of the meeting and announcement of the top posters will be made at the start of the general session on Wednesday morning, September 20, 2017. The presentation at the annual meeting must match the submitted abstract title, authorship, and content.
At least one author must register to attend the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy Fifth Annual Meeting & Educational Conference, be identified on the abstract submission as the presenting author and be present during the poster session on Tuesday evening, September 19, 2017. Please click here register for the NASP Annual Meeting.
- The title of the abstract should be brief, objectively describing the study. Do not use non-standard abbreviations and commercial names (generic names only). Capitalize only the first word and any proper nouns.
- No more than 10 authors can be listed with institutional affiliations, cities and countries only. Mailing addresses and academic degrees should not be mentioned in the author\'s list. For cooperative study groups, you may give the name of the group instead of individual institutional affiliations or include the name of the group in the title of the abstract.
- Presenting Author: The name, degrees(s), title/primary affiliation, email address, and telephone number of the Presenting Author is required. The Presenting Author will receive all future correspondence from the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy (NASP).
- Abstracts limited to 2500 characters (abstract body, including spaces).
- Abstracts should be structured in such a way as to include the following 5 sections:
- Background/Significance -- What was the problem and why was it important? What knowledge are you building on?
- Objectives -- What was the intent or goal of the study? What did you want to learn?
- Methods -- What was the trial design? What was the sample? What instruments were used? How were data collected and analyzed?
- Results -- What were the findings?
- Conclusions -- What do the findings mean?
- Tables, illustrations and/or figures are not allowed and will be deleted if submitted.
- Abbreviations may be used if standard or if spelled out and defined at the first use (put in parentheses immediately after the first mention of a term or phrase). Compounds should be mentioned with the generic name, in lower cases. Commercial names may be included in the abstract text in parentheses with an ®, directly following the generic name at first use, i.e. "generic (Commercial ®)".
- If an error is detected after submission, please notify Wendy Ashmen via email at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the July 21, 2017 submission deadline to have the error corrected prior to the start of poster abstract review.
- The abstract must be submitted in English.
- Complete the abstract template below.
- After submission, a confirmation e-mail will be sent to submitter.
Please submit any questions pertaining to abstract submissions to email@example.com using the subject line "NASP 2017 Annual Meeting Abstract Question."
Author Consent and Waiver of Claims
- Each abstract author agrees and certifies that he or she:
- Waives any, and all claims against National Association of Specialty Pharmacy, sponsor of the National Association of Specialty Pharmacy Fifth Annual Meeting & Educational Conference, and any review arising out of or relating to the abstract submission and review process, including but not limited to peer review and the grading of abstracts.
Note: The hotel is expected to sell out and potentially may do so before the August 4, 2017 notification date. Reservations may be made online here.
Abstract Submission Template